1、H&M Design Award 2020 – InternationalFashion Design Competition FOR STUDENTS
The H&M Design Award 2020, an annual Fashion Design Competition for graduating students has been recently opened for entries accepting applications from students. The prize was established in 2012 to support young designers’ as they begin their careers in fashion.
Students are welcome to participate by submitting their portfolios. Your collection should be based on garments, with at least 4 complete outfits per entry (no entries that are just print or accessories). The collection can focus on womenswear, menswear, kidswear or a mixed application.
Your portfolio should include:
• CV in English
• Personal cover letter in English
• Entering graduate collection
• Digital portfolio (e.g. mood boards, idea sketches and final designs)
The H&M Design Award is held in English and it is very important that you are able to speak and understand this language.
The jury assesses the designers’ creativity, innovation, craftsmanship, uniqueness and the element of sustainability. The jury will also look at how well-made and well-coordinated the graduate collection is.
After the application period closes, H&M will go through all applications and select the semi-finalists. From the semi-final, the finalists will be chosen to proceed to the final and present their graduate collection at a special event held at the end of November/beginning December. The overall winner of the H&M Design Award 2020 will then be selected.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The winner will be awarded a prize of 25,000 EUR as well as a paid internship at the H&M Head Office in Stockholm. In addition, all finalists, including the winner, will be awarded 5,000 EUR for making it to the final. The paid internship includes a monthly salary, accommodation in Stockholm as well as other benefits. The internship runs during spring/summer 2020 and will be tailored for the winner, as far as possible, according to their skills and previous experience. The winner has the option to exchange the internship for a grant of 25,000 EUR. The total prize sum will then amount to 50,000 EUR.
Official website for apply:
2、Łódź Young Fashion Award 2019 – International Fashion Design Competition
The Łódź Young Fashion Award, the most important event of fashion days in Łódź now is announced for entries for 2019!
This competition is organised by Strzemiński Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź and Łódź Event Centre and like every year is aimed at young fashion designers and is to promote talents and facilitate the beginning of a professional career for students and graduates in the fields of fashion design.
The contest is designed to select the top 12 collections out of which the Jury will select the winner of the Contest during the Final Gala on 26th October 2019.
This year’s theme of the contest is METROPOLIS!
The urban tissue pulsates with the rhythm of bustling streets. It is a living, complicated organism where nothing accidental happens. The metropolis never sleeps – regardless of the time of day or night, crowds of passers-by hustle on the wide boulevards, and the dark side of the city can be seen in the back alleys. It is a synonym of contradictions, a clash of what is pure and beautiful with disgusting ugliness, temporariness and chaos. It delights with shapes, colours and sounds. It is emptiness, and at the same time an overwhelming excess. Can fashion draw inspiration from the big city’s hustle and bustle? Or perhaps the alliance of fashion and architecture will result in an array of interesting projects? It’s time to check it out!
• Only collections of clothes created in the years 2018-2019 may be submitted.
• Each participant submits maximum 1 collection of clothes, which must consist of 15 to 18 silhouettes. Women’s silhouettes must be prepared in size 36/38 and men’s silhouettes in size 48-50 (according to European size tables).
The Contest consists of two stages:
1) 1ST STAGE – For the 1st stage you need to send:
• Photographic documentation of 5 silhouettes selected out of the whole submitted collection (3 photographic shots of each silhouette: front, back and detail – 15 shots altogether). Photographs presenting outfits on a model or a dummy are recommended (for horizontal shots max. width 2000px, for vertical shots max. height 1500px, files in JPG format only with a maximum size of 3Mb).
• A description of the collection in English including the following data: the way of execution of the leading theme of the Contest in the submitted collection, the information concerning the materials used in the collection, dimensions and sizes of each silhouette, etc.
The Jury of the Contest will review all submissions and select the 12 best collections that will be admitted to the 2nd Stage of the Contest. The list of authors of collections admitted to the 2nd Stage of the Contest will have been published by 25th July 2019 on the website http://www.lodzyoungfashion.com.
2) 2ND STAGE – The collection qualified to the 2nd stage must satisfy the following criteria:
• the construction of the outfit must be safely worn by a model; designs must not be made of any sharp, hurtful elements, and the particular elements must not endanger anybody’s health,
• the particular components of the outfit must be made neatly so that the model could present them in motion,
• the collection must be complete – the designs must contain all the components that are required during the show.
The collections qualified to the 2nd stage of the Contest will be presented by models during the Final Gala which will be held on 26th October 2019. The Jury will choose the winning collection during the final show.
There is no entry fee to participate!
The winner will receive the MANEQUINE 2019 statuette and a financial prize of 30,000 EURO, funded by the City of Łódź. There will also be some extra awards funded by sponsors and the honourable mentions.
Official website for apply:
3、13TH ANNUAL IDA AWARDS
A handful of designers, thinkers and entrepreneurs created the International Design Awards in 2007 as a response to the lack of recognition and celebration for smart and sustainable multidisciplinary design.
About The Competition
The International Design Awards is searching for fashion designers who know how to make an impact. The fashion design of the year winner will be a pioneer with the vision to explore new territory and the ability to set the agenda for style-conscious consumers everywhere. A leader and not a follower, our winner will have a fresh approach to fashion, creating innovative collections and being unafraid to make waves.
Our competition seeks to recognise those who can take a spark of inspiration and brilliance and turn it into something that turns heads and really stands out on the catwalks. We want to celebrate those who are able to create a signature style and use colour and movement to create stunning outfits which evoke feelings of excitement, passion and longing.
Each year we are proud to receive entries from fashion designers at the very peak of their career who want to showcase their latest collections and avant-garde creations to the world. Join them by submitting your entry today.